You are here: About Us | School Values
Our Core Values
A core value is a central belief clearly understood and shared by every member of the school community. At Lyon Park Primary we believe that the core values of Friendship, Achievement, Resilience and Respect are core to developing a happy, safe and achieving school where every member of the community is important.
|Core Values||Other value/s linked to it|
peace, sharing, love
By Friendship we mean that:
- We value positive relationships
- We take care of one another.
- We are self-aware and understand the impact of our decisions.
- We share with each other and create a place where everyone is welcome and loved.
By Achievement we mean that:
- We believe in ourselves.
- We constantly work hard to fulfil our potential.
- We take enjoyment in the things we do.
- We celebrate the success of others as well as ourselves.
- We are self-motivated to work independently
- We produce work of the highest quality and take pride in all that we do.
- We know we are responsible for ourselves, our school and our community.
By Resilience we mean that:
- We know that challenges will come and so we tackle them with courage and perseverance.
- We know how to work well as part of a team.
- We know how to solve problems.
- We do not give up even when things are tough.
- We know when to ask for help and when to try things on our own.
- We keep a positive attitude.
By Respect we mean that:
- We all show tolerance of others’ beliefs.
- We value and celebrate each other’s differences.
- We are honest in all situations.
- We show respect to everyone.
The school community has identified 12 values. We focus on and celebrate one value each month during the school year.